While genetics plays the key role in the structure, health, and muscletone of your XL American Bully or XXL Pitbull puppy, exercise can help your puppy reach his or her’s full genetic potential. And starting young with the right kind of exercise for dogs is the most effective way to help your American Bully XL puppy. So, let’s talk about one of the easist and most effective exercise tools for bully breeds – the flirt pole!
Exercising your American Bully XL
The flirt pole is easily constructed, often times with all of the supplies already around the house. This exercise tool is also easy on the handler/owner of the puppy. Children and those with physical disabilities can use a flirt pole to exercise their XXL Pitbull puppy with ease. Puppies and dogs that have adequate exercise are often times less destructive (especially in the chewing puppy phase!), more obedient, have less anxiety, and are just all around a more behaved pet. So not only is the flirtpole a hardcore workout, it also helps with the mental and emotional well-being of your companion. Thirty minutes a day is all you need with a flirt pole. Here’s what you will need:
Flirt Pole Construction and Exercise For Dogs
Juat a few supplies, and a few easy steps and you will have the ultimate exercise toy for your new Mugleston Pitbull puppy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- PVC pipe, preferably over 3 feet
- Rope or cord (2x to 3x the length of the PVC pipe)
- Washers (to secure the cord, must be larger than the PVC pipe opening)
- Chew toy, sturdy cloth, or animal hide (used as the lure)
- Hockey tape or duct tape (optional)
HOW TO BUILD THIS DOG TOY
- Tie a large knot at one end of the rope or cord. Knot must be large enough to secure that end of the cord from slipping through the PVC pipe. Washer can be used as a stopper to keep the knot from slipping through.
- Once the rope has been threaded, secure the toy, hide, or cloth on the opposite end of the rope. The flirt pole will have a similar look of a fishing pole.
- Hockey tape can be used to create a grip on the handle end of the PVC pipe.
HOW TO PLAY WITH YOUR PITBULL PUPPY OR BULLY XL PUPPY
The goal of the activity is to not allow your dog or puppy to catch thelure part of the firt pole. The owner can achieve this just by playing a game of keep away. Yanking, tugging, and performing circular spinning motion makes it very tough for your puppy to catch the lure. This helps build lean muscle in numerous areas of the dog’s body. This is one of the most beneficial and easiest exercises for the American Bully and other Bully breeds.